|Thanks for accessing the new version of the Raptors site. Hopefully this is an improvement on the previous one - improvements are general navigation, look and feel and responsiveness. Please note though that this site uses features that are not available under Internet Explorer - please use a modern browser (Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge, Safari) to view this site.
Please feel free to provide feedback on this update - look for the feedback form under the management sub-menu.
|COVID19 - Update Re national comps||17-03-2020|
|NAGs and DIV II cancelled. NZ Opens is currently still on, but has been postponed to June.|
|NZ Opens - Coronavirus Announcement||15-03-2020|
|Dear swimming community,
As I am sure you will all agree, we are in unprecedented times with the global impact of the Covid-19 virus (Coronavirus) which is having a significant impact on people’s travel plans and the delivery of large sporting events.
The Swimming NZ team and board have been monitoring the developments daily and have been in constant communication discussing the impact of this global pandemic on our staff, athletes, volunteers and the staging of upcoming events. Information is being sourced from many different authorities including the Government, Ministry of Health, High Performance Sport NZ, Sport NZ and of course our own medical advisers.
In response to the latest developments, including the announcement late yesterday relating to the need for all inbound travellers to NZ needing to self-isolate for 14 days, we have today made the following decision relating to the Aon NZ Open Championships (Championships) due to start on 31 March:
We will continue to monitor this situation daily and will update the swimming community each day at 10 am with further information.
We are also very aware that the Government will likely issue a statement over the coming days relating to the banning of large public gatherings. Depending on the threshold announced for these gatherings, this could have an impact on our ability to hold the Championships and other national events over the next few months. We will make a call on this once the Government’s position has been announced.
Once again, these are unprecedented times with information changing daily. The health, safety and well-being of our swimming community is our number one priority and we will, therefore, do all that is necessary to ensure that this is not affected.
Swimming New Zealand CEO
|New Results and Records||10-03-2020|
|New LC records and results for the SW Tier 1 meet posted. Find them in the events section of the site under the relevant heading.|